We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
How to get things done each day
This post has affiliate links. This simply means sometimes I recommend a product or service, and if you choose to purchase that product or service via my recommendation, I will get a small referral commission. Of course, this is at no extra cost to you but it does help keep Simply Happy Mama. I truly appreciate your support in this way. Thank you.
I have a to-do list a mile long. REALLY. I. DO.
And you know, life happens.
Every day responsibilities. Cleaning Home. Making dinner. Feeding family. All of them. Washing clothes. Bathing kids. Getting Kids to SLEEP.
You know the day in day out stuff.
Sometimes I feel so motivated. (You know, that tiny minute when you wake up?)
Then a few hours later not so much.
A to-do list is great. But, it doesn’t always get followed. But, I try.
(There is a free printable to-do list for each day at the bottom of this post.)
I am a huge lover of Amazon. It makes shopping so much easier. But that topic is for another day.
Here is how I try to get things done each day.
- I mentally prepare myself for the next day when I lay down for bed at night. You know, to give myself a pep talk.
- I use a planner. Writing things down helps this Mom get things done!
- I try to wake up before the kids to get my coffee and get my mind right. This doesn’t always happen because I sleep in the middle of a 4-year-old and a 15-month-old. And that is a long story I’m sure you don’t have time for.
- I need to get dressed each day. I could stay in a t-shirt and yoga pants all day but I feel better when I’m dressed and can get things accomplished.
- I set specific times for things that do not have a time. You know if there isn’t a specific time I can just keep pushing it back. No. Not the mindset I need to have.
- I schedule mentally a relax time spot in my day. Usually, it’s just a nice hot cup of coffee and I am happy with that.
- I mentally prepare the kids the best I can. I let my kids know what things I need to get done each day so they know what to expect. Maybe this causes fewer breakdowns? Probably not but it can’t hurt anything either.
- I push myself. I really have to. I have to tell myself I NEED to get things accomplished.
I have to let go of the idea perfection. I am not anywhere close to having my ducks in a row.
I am just trying to make it through each day with the essentials accomplished. And I think that is ok for the season of life I am in right now. It is also ok for you too.
I am trying to come up with a self-care routine for myself. I feel I need it. Any suggestions mamas?
Good Luck with your To-Do List Today!
Here is a FREE Printable To-Do List for Each Day You Can Try! All 7 days Included!
Download Here -> Daily To-Do List
Join for Mom Inspiration and Community!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email & get a FREE Mama Happiness Workbook to help you simplify your life as a busy MOM!
Get Your Day Organized and Happy, Mama!